Uralistica

Friends, what do you think of such point:

I've heard from some entrepreneurs that Finno-Ugric renaissance (I mean Finno-Ugric peoples inside Russia) if it comes, would be established without link to Orthodox confession, that the new Finno-Ugric identity of the possible Renaissance would move aside from the Orthodox creed which is closely connected with first of all Russian (Russkiy) ethnicity and sometimes served as a medium of Russian assimilation. Also it is supposed by them that the Orthodox creed provides special attitudes that are non-Western in their style but the new Renaissance if it comes - would try to underline the uniqueness of own FU background and try to adapt Western modes of life more deeply.

What do you think on this issue?

What the Finno-Ugric Renaissance will be? And is it compatible with the Orthodox creed and Orthodox identity?

Просмотров: 1081

Ответы на эту тему форума

I myself think that even though Orthodox Christianity has, in many ways in some areas, been much more tolerate of pre-Christian traditions of the Finno-Ugric peoples than for example, Lutheranism, a true revival of Finno-Ugric cultures cannot come into existence without even a small strengthening of our shamanistic, panteistic religious traditions.
Religion is, after all, a very important part of a culture, and to think that we could see a Finno-Ugric Renaissance without embracing our religious heritage that spans over millenia and has shaped our traditions and ways of seeing this world... well, in my opinion it wouldn't be a true FU Renaissance.

Not to say, of course, that Orthodox Faith should be eradicated from our midst, but it is a foreign religion that has been forced on our kind. It has been a tool for destroying ancient and deep parts of our cultures, so it can't be our main focus, religiously speaking. To some point and to some extent compatible, yes, but not as our main faith.

" Also it is supposed by them that the Orthodox creed provides special attitudes that are non-Western in their style but the new Renaissance if it comes - would try to underline the uniqueness of own FU background and try to adapt Western modes of life more deeply."

Adapting Western modes of life more deeply? No no no no. Here in Finland we have been adapting (until recently quite unwillingly) Western modes of life. The result? A nationwide alienation from our roots. We should not, as Fenno-Ugrians, discuss if we want to take influences from the East or the West, but rather try to perceive our pre-Russian societies and how they worked. After that's done, we must wisely choose which pieces of different cultures around the globe best suite our current needs without weakening our own heritage or replacing it. We must choose the pieces of each cultural sphere that best suite our needs and transform them into something completely our own. 
But of course, if something works, why replace it?

RSS

Пусъёс

© 2019   Created by Ortem.   При поддержке

Эмблемы  |  Сообщить о проблеме  |  Условия использования